Firefighters tackle serious West End flat fire caused by electric bike charger fault | Local News | News Leave a comment


Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service tackled a serious flat fire in the West End of Crewe – caused by a faulty electric bike charger.

The incident on West Street happened at 11:14am on Wednesday (October 26) – close to the junction. with Dunwoody Way.

One Fire engine from Crewe and one from Nantwich arrived at the scene.

One Fire engine from Crewe and one from Nantwich arrived at the scene on West Street (Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service).

A road closure was put in place while firefighters put out the blaze.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Crews attended a flat fire in Crewe.

“One hose reel jet was used to put out the blaze, the property was searched and everyone accounted for.

“The fire was believed to be caused by the charging of an electrical bike.”

Cheshire Police attended the scene at 11:40am – aiming to assist with the road closure (Cheshire Constabulary).

Cheshire Police attended the scene at 11:40am – aiming to assist with the road closure.

Police confirmed to Nub News firefighters had already dealt with the road closure themselves.

READ MORE: Crewe’s popular Queens Park fireworks display returns for 2022.

Free from clickbait, pop-up ads and unwanted surveys, Crewe Nub News is a quality online newspaper for our town.

Subscribe to our FREE weekly newsletter email HERE – just click the ‘SIGN UP’ button.

Please consider following Crewe Nub News on Facebook or Twitter.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SHOPPING CART

close