Have you decided to buy an electric bike? If yes, have you ever thought about what you should keep in mind while buying an electric bike? Or how you can decide which is the best electric bike for you, here are some great tips that you should consider when buying an e-bike.
#7 Tips to Buy an Electric Bike | E-Bikes Buying Guide
Cost of Ownership
Despite the FAME II subsidies, electric scooters are more expensive than their petrol counterparts. There are some cheaper choices too, but they have a limited working range, slower speeds, and insufficient service centres. Lithium-ion batteries power the best-rated electric scooters, which makes them expensive. However, you should double-check if the price is still reasonable, considering the low long-term operating costs.
One of the most crucial factors to consider when buying an electric bike is top speed. Riding a bike with a top speed of only 40-50kmph is not pleasant. However, if you live or commute in a crowded area where you will only travel at this speed, this type of low-speed bike may be handy.
Range of the E-Bikes
The term “range” refers to how far an electric vehicle can go before having to recharge its battery. Many electric bikes have a range of 50-60 kilometres, while some have a range of 90 kilometres or more. Which one you choose is completely up to you. If you travel only 5-6 km per day, 50-60 km is enough, especially since you will need to charge the bike after 9-10 days.
You should estimate after how long you would have to charge the bike.
The most expensive components of an electric bike are the battery and motor. As a result, it’s crucial to double-check the battery’s quality and the warranty it comes with. If you have to change the battery within a short length of time after purchase, there will be no benefit. If the vehicle is still under warranty, it will be replaced at no cost to you. As a result, a warranty is critical.
The manufacturer instals charging equipment at your home to charge the vehicle in most scenarios. However, public charging facilities are available in many cities. Consider whether there are any public charging stations in your neighbourhood, whether you will need them, or whether a home charging station will suffice. Only then you should make your decision.
After top speed, the torque supplied by the motor is crucial in providing initial acceleration to the vehicle. In this scenario, things like motor power can be beneficial. It is recommended that you take the vehicle for a test drive to guarantee that you are comfortable with the products.
It’s always crucial to think about the product’s construction quality. It is currently on par with typical petrol vehicles. But because they are battery-powered, you need to consider their IP rating to ensure that they are dust and rain-proof.
After you’ve selected your vehicle, the next and final step is to go for a test drive. It’s a crucial stage in determining whether you’re comfortable with the automobile or not.
Why Buy Electric Bikes?
- Lower Maintenance Cost: The biggest advantage of buying an EV is the affordable cost of operation and maintenance. It also has minimal maintenance cost as it has fewer running parts than any fuel-powered vehicle, which costs less than Re 1 per kilometre.
- Convenient Charging at Home: Because it can be charged at home, there is no need to worry about price hikes or lineups at gas stations.
- Lower Running Cost: Low running cost is one of the most important factors for converting ICE vehicles to electric vehicles. As recently, fuel price is increasing in India, where electric vehicle is lowest in running cost as the cost of charging is very less as compared to fuel so this could be the right time to switch to Electric vehicles.
- Environmentally Friendly: If you own or plan to acquire an electric vehicle, you are undoubtedly helping the earth. While the globe was on lockdown, the earth healed itself, and we should now always consider the environment when making decisions. Purchasing an electric vehicle can help you minimise your carbon footprint because no emissions are produced.
- EVs are one of the most eco-friendly modes of transportation in the automobile market Today.
Here is a list of some of the most well-known Electric Bike brands to assist you. The List is arranged by their sales report as they are the Leading Players in the electric two-wheeler market in India and sell a good number of electric scooters.
The driving of electric bikes benefits both the environment and the immediate social environment. An e-bike emits no harmful greenhouse gases. There will be shorter car journeys, which means less petrol and less traffic. A mode of transport that is rechargeable. The cherry on top would be lower operating and maintenance costs.
Originally published at E-vehicle info